Highway HFMS Pressure Diggers
“HFMS” Pressure Drill
Featuring Highway’s 4 1/2″ internally sealed kelly bar and 18″ ring gear. This unit is a true work horse.
- Mechanical drive and hydraulic bar
- Gas or diesel auxiliary engine
- Three speeds forward and reverse power shift transmission
- 4 1/2″ kelly bar design
- 18″ ring gear
- Torque’s to 52,000 ft./lbs.
- Digging depths to 30 feet
- Fixed, spotter or swing bases
- Mounts on tandem axle carrier. (specialty carriers available)
AUXILIARY ENGINE: (STANDARD)
- John Deere 4045T, Balanced diesel engine 115 HP
- OPTIONAL: Highway will work with the following companies:
- *Consult factory for models available.
- Power Shift, three (3) reverse speeds forward.
- 12.75″ torque converter with safety lock shifter.
- Transmission oil cooler.
- Four speed forward and reverse.
- 13″ with safety lock shifter.
- Transmission oil cooler.
FUEL SOURCE: (STANDARD)
- Fuel supplied by chassis fuel tank (diesel/ diesel)
- OPTIONAL: 50 Gallon fuel tank with mechanical gauge.
TORQUE & R.P.M.: (STANDARD)
- 1st 52,513 @ 18.2 RPM
- 2nd 22,644 @ 42.2 RPM
- 3rd 9,068 @ 105.4 RPM
- 4 1/2″ hollow kelly bar with internal seals.
- 4140 tool steel, heat treated
- 1 1/8″ auger pin hole.
- 72″ Intermittent
- 54″ Continuous
HOLE DEPTHS: (STANDARD)
- OPTIONAL: Up to 30′
- NOTE: all dig depths are based on a 38″ chassis frame height and 36″ long auger.
- Special design pinion with a 18″ ring gear.
- 5 year warranty on ring gear and pinion gear.
- Steel carrier with replaceable bronze thrust plates
- 100 G.P.M. tandem gear pump.
- 2,100 PSI main system pressure.
- 115 gallon oil reservoir.
- In tank suction strainers
- In line return filter
BOOM LEVELING: (STANDARD)
- 20 DEGREES LEFT
- 45 DEGREES RIGHT
- 15 DEGREES OVER VERTICAL
- *Options available consult factory for special applications.
TURNTABLE BASE: (STANDARD)
- 95″ diameter, 4″ ship & car channel rolled ring.
- 240 degree rotation
- 120 series chain run threw hydraulic speed reducer.
- Rollers in lieu of slide pads.
- Rear “A” frame
- Straight down jacks on rear corners
- Two sets of “A” Frame outriggers
- Radial arm outriggers
- Out & down front outriggers
- Constructed of 8″ Wide flange I-beam 25 lbs./ft.
- Full length greasable main frame guides.
- Constructed of 10″ Wide flange I-beam.
- 36 inches of In/Out slide travel.
- 7″I.D.X 7 1/2″ O.D. seamless tubing
- 20,650 ft./lbs. Crowd force. Maximum
- 10,800 ft./lbs. Retract force. Maximum
TELESCOPING DERRICK: (OPTIONAL)
POLE GUIDES: (OPTIONAL)
- Mechanical linkage fixed pole guides with side rollers.
- Mechanical linkage tilting pole guides with side rollers
- Planetary winch 10,000 lb. On first wrap.
- 125′ of 7/16″ wire rope
- 115 Gallon hydraulic reservoir with baffles & suction strainers.
- *Location can be altered, consult factory.
- Base weight digger only 16,500 lbs. (Approx.)
CHASSIS OR CARRIER:
- 108″ Cab to Axle minimum
- 46,000 GVW Single axle minimum
Paint colors, Hydraulic tool circuits, Water tanks, Auger storage, Tunnel storage, Tool boxes, Trailer hitches, Panel lights, Work lights, Safety lighting, Grounding systems, Auger adapters & extension, Augers, Tooling, Hydraulic tools, Outrigger pads, Wheel chocks.
Why the Highway HFMS?
1. The largest ring gear (18″) in it’s industry class backed by a 5 year factory warranty.
2. 4 1/2″ kelly bar with internal bar seals. Yes that’s right, this is a hollow bar design with the seals located inside the bar. Eliminates inefficient external bar seals.
3. Steel main carrier with replaceable thrust plates for less maintenance costs.
4. Heavy duty pivot base and main frame provide long machine life without breaking or bending.
5. More options and custom configurations available than the competition.