Trinity Highway Products Crash Attentuators
Trinity Highway Products uses several independent test facilities to conduct the crash tests for product approval required by the Federal Highway Administration. Each product must meet the requirements of NCHRP Report 350. Test results are then presented to the Federal Highway Administration for review and acceptance to use on the National Highway System.
Utilizing a diverse group of outside investors and transportation research institutions and the latest available technology, Trinity Highway Products is able to offer exciting new products, to include energy absorbing devices that are accepted for use worldwide.
The MPS-350™ (Mobile Protection System 350™) is available for use on stationary or moving shadow or support vehicles and is the first truck-mounted attenuator to pass NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3. It has an open design and all-steel construction of functional components. The MPS-350™ design is a new concept that eliminates bulky crushable cartridges. MPS-350™ provides the latest in form and function for shadow or support vehicle protection.
- Open design for easy inspection.
- All-steel construction reduces moisture absorption concern.
- Electric hoist raises frame to the Up (Traveling) Position.
- Limit switch for automatic shut-off.
- Adjustable support chains eliminate sagging when unit is in the Down (Operating) Position.
- Automatic safety latch locks frame in the Up (Traveling) Position.
- Customized lighting packages available.
- NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3 compliant, passing both mandatory and optional tests.
Installation and Repair Advantages
- Swivel jacks at side and rear for easy installation and removal.
- Open design facilitates easy repair, keeping all parts within view and reach.
- Operating components are at side and out of the way of the frame.
- Unidirectional Traffic
- Bi-Directional Traffic
- Bridges / Tunnels
- Municipal / City
- 14′ L (4.30 m) in down position
- 12’6″ H (3.81 m) when raised
- 69″ (1.75 m) without plastic side panels
- 72″ (1.83 m) with plastic side panels
- 1800 lbs. weight (816 kg)